Pokémon Furukawa- Chapter 38- Charizard's Father

 

Hit Points, Physical Attack, Physical Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed: Those exist in every Pokémon. Using them masterfully along with the right item, ability, typing, move set, mechanic, team balance, care and love, and of course brilliant thinking mid battle will lead the trainer into victory!

   

It was the last minute of the match. Leon dribbled the ball, he passed Milo and Nessa of the opposing team, the only one who was left was the goalkeeper Raihan "Take this, Raihan!!!!!!" Leon prepared his stylish shot "It is too early for you to beat me!"

"Don't think you can!!!!!" Raihan prepared himself to stop the ball at all costs.

"Wait! Leon! The ball is…." Nessa warned him "Stop!!!!!"

"You are just a sore loser! Take this Raihan!!!! This match is over!!!!" Leon kicked the ball.

"Leon!!!!! No!!!!!!" Milo called. "The ball is a …. Voltorb!!!!!"

"Raihan! Dodge!!!!!" Nessa called.

"As if I'll lose to Leon!!!!!!!!!!!" Raihan stopped Leon's shot, won the match, and was killed at same time.

"No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Leon cried.

"You've lost your best friend… I'm so sorry for you…" Nessa tried to be sympathetic. "Raihan was a friend to me as well…"

"Raihan…." Leon cried "You bastard!!!! How could you leave like that?!!!!"

"Leon…" Milo dropped a tear as well.

"How could you leave this world with you having a victory over me?!!!!!!!!"

 

The Furukawa family reached the Galar region. They decided to catch first some new Pokémon.

"Mama, which kind of Pokémon do you plan to catch?" Miakko asked.

"Hmm… I actually feel that my team has enough Pokémon, but I would like to train them."

"Then Papa, what about you?"

"I need more "Swordy" guys."

"You really like swords." Miakko giggled.

"Swords are the best. They helped me my entire life." Waiareas said. "What are you plans, Miakko?"

"During the battle against Brazle I realized I had one core problem with my team. I don't have any way to defeat water type Pokémon. So I hope to find some grass or electric types."

 

"Raihan!!!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Leon cried while burying him.

"Everyone will be happy if they'll have a friend like Leon was to Raihan." Kabu praised Leon. "I'm not young myself, but sadly I don't think I have a friendship so close as those two had."

"Leon…" Marnie came in. "I'm so sorry for you…"

"If I can do something for you, let me do it." Bede said. "I know I'll never be able to replace what Raihan was for you."

However… only Nessa and Milo knew the truth…

 

"Go! Volcarona!" Ryu summoned him. "Flamethrower!"

"It looks like that he is doing so well with Mama."

"Well, after all, it was your mom who saved him." Waiareas said.

"Papa! Look out!" Miakko noticed something coming.

Waiareas drew his sword and defended against another levitating sword. "This thing… a Honedge?"

Honedge slashed by using Slash, Waiareas dodged and crossed swords with the sword Pokemon. He summoned his Kabutops and ordered it to use Night Slash with super effective damage. He defeated Honedge, threw a Pokeball on it, and another guy joined to the team.

"I feel it!!!!! Another member to our band!!!!" Krookodile called. "He is somewhere there!!!!!"

God Dammit so another crocodile has learned to talk….

"It is coming from the bushes!" Skeledirge said.

"Eelektross! Use Thunderbolt at the bush!" Waiareas ordered and so it did. From there appeared a baby purple lizard.

Miakko checked at the Pokedex "Papa, it is an electric type. I'm going to catch it." and she threw a Pokeball on it and caught it.

Waiareas also caught another sword guy, a Farfetch'd, and Miakko caught a Bounsweet. The three trained their Pokémon and at the end of the day Bounsweet has evolved to Steenee, Farfetched has evolved to Sirfetch'd, and Ryu's Buneary has evolved to Loppuny, as well as her Minccino to Cinccino. The three put up a tent, and went to sleep under the full moon of the night. There was no need for a bonfire; Charizard has already reach to ten meters height and was so big so they used its flame as one.

 

Leon was mourning at the next morning. His two meters height Charizard was licking him to comfort him. "Yeah Charizard… I know… Raihan was a rival to you as well… it is such a shame he died…"

YOU ARE THE REASON HE DIED!!!!!!

"Charizard, let's go for a little flight… it will make us feel a bit better…" he climbed on his Charizard's back and flew. He sensed something. "Charizard… you feel it as well, right? Fly over there…" "Holy shit! What is this giant Charizard?!" he saw Miakko's Charizard sleeping. He decided to land. "Charmander?! Is that you?!"

"This is not a Charmander… you know…" Miakko said as she woke up. "Wait, aren't you… Champion Leon?"

"Indeed I'm! Are you this Charizard's owner?"

"Yes. He is my friend."

"What is this noise right at the morning…" Waiareas and Ryu woke up as well. "Do you have something to do with us?"

"Oh no… It is so weird to see Charmander." Leon answered.

"You have a Charizard and you call ours 'Charmander'. I really don't get you…" Ryu said.

"Oh because for me it will always stay as Charmander. Your Charizard is actually my Charizard's child." Leon answered.

"Wait! Really?! It is so cool then!" Miakko was excited.

"It is nothing special honestly. Professor Oak asked me to breed my Charizard and make some baby Charmander for new trainers for the Pokemon League. It is just that I never seen a Charizard THAT big."

"Leon…" Miakko said "I have a favor to ask… will you battle me? With your Charizard against mine's"

"Sure! But let's make it a proper battle. Six on six battle!"

 

"Go! Bisharp!" Miakko summoned it 'It is going to be difficult… my first battle against Champion…'

"Go Dragapult!" Leon summoned the Ghost/ Dragon type creature. "Flmethrower!" it destroyed the Bisharp in one hit.

Miakko already felt the pressure of Leon. "Miakko! Don't think about winning! You are here to learn, not to win!" Ryu called. "Just give your best!"

'I must get a hit somehow… The Pokedex said it is a Ghost type… then there is only one Pokémon I can use…' Miakko was thinking "Go! Chandelure"

"I see… you try to use a Ghost type with super effective damage… But it won't work! Shadow Ball!" Leon ordered. The attack went through it. "What?! Even it is a Zoroark some damage had to be done!"

"Chandelure! Shadow Ball!" Miakko ordered. It did a decent damage.

'Miakko… she keeps calling it 'Chandelure'… going all out against a Champion.' Waiareas was thinking.

'Leon… think Leon! How is this possible?!!!!!!' he was thinking 'could she be cheating?! No! Even if she is… I'm the Champion! I must defeat even someone who cheats!' "Dragon Pulse!" he destroyed the Pokémon that revealed itself as Zoroark. 'Past time Zoroark… I should have known… how this girl got her hands on one is a mystery. I shouldn't underestimate her.'

"Go! Lapras!" Miakko summoned her third Pokémon.

"Dragon Pulse Again!" It almost defeated the Lapras but survived. Miakko was able to defeat the dragon with Blizzard.

"You should feel proud." Leon said. "You are the first non-Elite Four level trainer in a while that was able to defeat my Dragapult. Go! Rilaboom!" he summoned the giant ape. "Fake Out!" he used the weak priority move and defeated Lapras.

Miakko summoned her fourth member, Ursaring. But then… a surprise happened. Ursaring shined in blue and evolved into a new Pokémon.

"What is this?!" Miakko was surprised. She quickly checked at the Pokedex and saw her Pokemon is called Ursaluna. She realized it evolved due to the full moon they were sleeping under last night, and thanks to the items from the mission that Moho gave them at the Sengoku Period. "Let's go Ursaluna!"  

"Bulk Up!" Leon ordered.

"Waiareas look…. When I check at the Pokedex Ursaluna is also a ground type…" Ryu said.

"Wait… doesn't it means it evolved at the worst possible timing?!" Waiareas realized. "Miakko knows that, right?"

"I think she don't…"

"Crap…."

"Ursaluna! Use Double Edge!" Miakko ordered. "It did a decent damage!"

"It seems that you don't know your own Pokémon yet." Leon said. "Rilaboom! Use Drum Beating!" he defeated the Ursaluna. "Ursaluna is a Ground/ Normal type. Don't forget it. It is very strong Pokémon, but unfortunately for you, it evolved at the worst timing."

"You would have just used a fighting type move instead." Miakko smiled. "However, the battle is not over yet. I know I can't win with only two Pokémon left, but I'm here to do my best!"

'That girl… Most of the trainers I've met are the types who honestly believe they can win against the odds, or are those to break up when they realize they can't win. She on the other hand, just wants to get the best score possible while knowing she is certainly going to lose.'

"Go! Chandelure!". "Flamethrower!"

"Earthquake! Defeat it!" Leon ordered. However Chandelure attacked first with its Choice Scarf and defeated the Rilaboom.

"Miakko. You wanted to see my Charizard, so I'll give you the chance to. Go! Charizard!" Charizard joined the battle. Leon called it back to its Pokeball "Gigantamax!!!!!" Charizard's Pokeball grew bigger and shined in pink. Leon threw the Pokeball and from there appeared a giant Charizard. But it looked different; twenty eight meters height, shining in pink aura and wings made out of flames.

"What is this?!" Miakko was surprised.

"Gigantamax. Some Pokemon are able to use those forms. "Every Pokémon is able to use Dynamax which makes it bigger and changes its moves. But Gigantamax changes its appearance as well. "Max Airstream!!!!" Leon ordered and defeated Chandelure in one hit.

Miakko summoned her Charizard. "Leon… can you teach me how to get this form as well?"

"Sure. Since it is my Charizard's child it is able to use Gigantamax. Only you need is this." He passed Miakko the Dynamax band. "Use Gigantamax!"

Miakko called Charizard back to her Pokeball, used the Dynamax band and…..

NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!!

"Weird… maybe it is broken…?" Miakko asked. "You've said that every Pokémon is able to use Dynamax, right?"

'No… no way. Or maybe…? The fact it can't use Dynamax…. Along with its huge size… maybe it can use that form… but that's just a legend… no one ever witnessed that form…' Leon was thinking. "Miakko, let's end this at this."

"Why? We should at least see the outcome, right?"

"Both of us know the outcome. I also don't think my Charizard wants to hurt his child, right Charizard?"

Leon's Charizard nodded.

"But I'll give you this instead." He took out an orb from his bag. "This is Charizardite Y. An item that lets you Mega Evolve."

"The same technique that Brazle used against me…"

"But you'll need the Mega Bracelet in order to use it. I don't have it on me."

"Thanks Leon!"

'I mean… I can give it to her… but that's means digging Raihan's grave… maybe I should do it… She is great Charizard trainer… should I?!!! Should I?!!!" Leon was thinking.


Leon's artwork. By me.


Pokémon Furukawa- Chapter 43- The Epitome of Cringe

  Hit Points, Physical Attack, Physical Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed: Those exist in every Pokémon. Using them master...